Monday, March 4, 2013

It's always fun when Mom comes to visit.

I love it when my mom comes to visit. Even when it's a short weekend trip we still seem to pack our days with fun. Well most of it. Sometimes I put my mom to work. This time she helped me take my Christmas tree down and get it all packed up and ready to go back to storage. Yes, I know it's March and that I'm showing a little bit of my true colors via the internet.

We also did some shopping, stayed up late talking, watched movies and took a drive up to a small town in wine country called Sebastapol. Our main reason for going on this two hour drive was for Matthew to get fitted for his custom made cowboy boots he received as a Christmas gift from one of his co-workers. Did I just say that?? I never thought in a million years I would use the words "cowboy" "boots" and "matthew" all in one sentence. The entire process was fascinating watch. He picked out a beautiful piece of crocodile leather and we are pretty anxious to see how everything turns out. Apparently we won't see the final product for a year and half.

We went to Farmhouse, Russian River Valley for dinner. This place is off the beaten path hidden in tall redwood trees and is the cutest place I've been for dinner. The food was amazing! Farmhouse is officially on our favorites list.






No comments: