Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year.

We welcome 2013 with open arms. It's a time to remember the past year (good and bad), make goals, and start off fresh. A lot happened in 2012 and I am happy to report that it was 80% good. And I only say 80% because the last few months of the year were really really hard. We had tender hearts for reasons that are just to personal to mention on the internet, but I'm happy to report that our hearts have mostly mended. It's hard going through those challenging times but once you are looking from the outside in we are able to learn and grow stronger from the experience. So I'm grateful for that. And I'm grateful for family and friends that helped us during that extremely hard time.

2012 was a year of change for us. Matthew left GS and started at Sequoia Capital. He is a changed man with the lesser hours. We moved, again. Still in the city and loving it. The big change for me was that I left LPCH. I am back to sleeping like a normal person. It's great to be a "day-walker" again.  It's been wonderful and I love all the free time. I call it my "me time".  

We are happy and ready to embrace 2013. For New Years we went out to dinner with friends, went to a party, and then ended the night along embarcadero watching fireworks at midnight.


The following morning we did a little shopping and got our picture taken with the Christmas tree in Union Square before it was taken down. Another silly tradition of ours here in the city.


Here are a few snapshots.












No comments: